Blog: January 2014
Concealed Carry Licensure Requirements for IL Residents
Illinois residents, do you know the state requirements for consideration for Concealed Carry Licensure?
Here's what you need to know:
- I am at least 21 years old.
- I have a valid Firearm Owner’s Identification card.
- I have not been convicted or found guilty of a misdemeanor involving the threat of physical force or violence to any person within the past 5 years.
- I do not have 2 or more violations related to driving while under the influence of alcohol, other drugs, intoxicating compounds within the past 5 years.
- I am not subject to a pending arrest warrant, prosecution or proceeding for an offense or action that could lead to disqualification to own or possess a firearm.
- I have not been in a residential or court-ordered treatment for alcoholism, alcohol detoxification, or drug treatment within the past 5 years.
- You may be eligible if you satisfy the above and no objections are filed by law enforcement. (Section 15)
Requirements courtesy of the Illinois State Police