AR-15 Armorer - LE/Military
Shooter School presents a two day - hands on course that teaches the student to perform inspections, maintenance, troubleshooting and field repairs associated with the AR15/M-16/M4 platforms including semi-automatic, burst and full automatic weapon systems. Students will be able to design and implement a weapon maintenance/inspection program for their department.
Written and practical exams will be given to evaluate the knowledge of each student. Beginning with a safety briefing and history of the AR-15/M-16/M4 rifles, the student will learn and understand the following applications:
- Weapon nomenclature
- Identify all parts of AR platform
- Proper disassembly and re-assembly of upper/ lower receiver groups including gas system
- Proper disassembly and re-assembly of trigger groups
- Assembly and disassembly of barrel
- Function checks / troubleshooting
- Identify and replace defective or broken parts
- Proper cleaning and oiling of weapon
- Group discussions on optics, flash lights, magazines, slings and other add on products
- Pen and paper
- 100 rounds of ammo
- Students are encouraged to bring armorers tools and/or gunsmithing kits to class (some tools will be provided for use during during class)
- Range time is available for students who desire to test fire weapon after class to insure proper operation and re-zeroing
Daily Schedule and Location
REGISTER FOR UPCOMING CLASSES
1. Register for the desired class online.
2. Complete the registration agreement:
For Individuals, please download, complete and return the Individual Student Agreement
For Organizations, please download, complete, and return the Organization Agreement
3. Return completed forms, by mail, fax, or email to:
PO BOX 1191
Mahomet, IL 61853
If you have any questions, or need assistance registering for a course, please contact us or call, 217.972.4503.
Shooter School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, or sexual orientation.