Armorer I - M1911 Series Handgun
Shooter School presents a one day course that teaches the student to competently perform inspections, routine maintenance and troubleshooting of problems associated with the 1911 series handgun. Beginning with a safety briefing and history of the 1911 pistol, the student learns about and participates in discussions concerning the 1911 series handgun.
Pistol nomenclature, weapon operation along with proper disassembly and re-assembly are covered. Maintenance and repair of the pistol along with issues concerning documentation and departmental inspection of handguns are also discussed.
Because of the volume of information covered in the armorer classes, it has been broken up into Armorer I and Armorer II. Armorer II is an even more in depth, detailed examination of the pistol that covers additional material on, troubleshooting, parts replacement and maintenance.
- Students need to bring a 1911 style handgun that they can work with in class
- Students are encouraged to bring armorers tools and/or gunsmithing kits to class
- Range time will be available for students that desire to test fire weapon after class to insure proper operation
Daily Schedule and Location
REGISTER FOR UPCOMING CLASSES
1. Register for the desired class online.
2. Complete the registration agreement:
For Individuals, please download, complete and return the Individual Student Agreement
For Organizations, please download, complete, and return the Organization Agreement
3. Return completed forms, by mail, fax, or email to:
PO BOX 1191
Mahomet, IL 61853
If you have any questions, or need assistance registering for a course, please contact us or call, 217.972.4503.
Shooter School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, or sexual orientation.