Doug joined the Shooter School Team in 2013 and brings a tremendous amount of experience. For over 18 years, Doug worked for a police department in Central Illinois until his retirement in 2015. During his service, he served as a departmental firearms instructor and armorer. Doug has a long history of firearms instruction in the law enforcement community, both at his current and former department, as well in the capacity of an adjunct faculty member at the University of Illinois Police Training Institute. Before moving to Illinois, Doug worked for 7 years with the Honolulu Police Department.
Prior to entering law enforcement, Doug served in the United States Air Force as a Combat Control Team (CCT) member, and earned a Senior Parachutist (Jumpmaster) rating. Doug spent several years in service to the country in this capacity, and received an Honorable Discharge upon completion of service.
In addition to his law enforcement and military service, Doug previously competed in the International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) He is currently a Master Class, Limited Division shooter with the United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA), and formerly a 2003 Midwest Regional Custom Defense International Defensive Pistol Association Champion (IDPA).
- Lifesaving Award - 2012
- Department Letter of Commendation
- Basic Non Commissioned Officer School
- SERE School
- Good Conduct Medal (U.S. Air Force)
- Weapons Expert Ribbon (U.S. Air Force)
- State of Illinois Master Firearms Instructor
- State of Illinois Patrol Rifle Instructor
- MP5 / M4 Machinegun Instructor
- Adjunct Faculty Instructor at University of Illinois Police Training Institute
- PADI Rescue Diver
- AR-15 / M16 Armorer
- Glock Armorer
- Remington Armorer
- National Rifle Association (Life Member)
- Illinois State Rifle Association
- Charter Member of the United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA)
- Combat Control Association (Life Member)